the midnight oil group
HIRING SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
the midnight oil group is a full-service marketing agency that provides branding, social media marketing, digital marketing, website design and graphic design for a wide variety of clients. Our agency has an opening for a Social Media Coordinator, who will be responsible for supporting project leads with client account work. This role also requires administrative work, which accounts for approximately 10% of the job.
Social Media Coordinator requires a high level of organization, superior writing skills and the ability to manage projects independently. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years experience in an agency setting or managing professional social media accounts. Writing and social media marketing portfolio will be required with application.
- Direct assistant to agency partners
- Prepare and distribute supporting materials for management and client meetings
- Ensure office is stocked with supplies as needed
- Run errands as needed
- Maintain client CRMs
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Assist agency partners with social media services, including overseeing activity, writing captions, scheduling posts via Sprout Social, and managing engagement.
- Independently manage social media for up to 10 client accounts, which will include direct client interaction for planning and approvals process, managing all social content, providing monthly reports to MOG partners and clients.
- Must have strong writing prowess, marketing focus and customer service skills
- Write press releases
- Write blogs for clients
- Document all client press hits
- Manage basic website updates; familiarity with Squarespace, WordPress and Shopify desired (No design or coding necessary)
- Assist with coordination of large-scale client events and projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Clear, professional writer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- 2 years of professional work experience preferred
- Candidates located in metro Detroit preferred; remote work opportunities for candidates further afield will be considered
- Salary starting at $42,000 + benefits or commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send resume, writing samples and social media portfolio to email@example.com.